Tuesday, September 8, 2015

BAN ,BAN and BAN....where is democracy lost....

          India is the biggest democracy that is what I have always learnt in school and that is what I teach my children , but suddenly I wonder are we really the biggest democracy? What does democracy really mean . I always thought democracy means total freedom of speech,thought,movement and life. A government chosen by the people ,for the people and of the people.
           Democracy a word that I very proudly said and felt,but lately I wonder am I really living in a country that said "I have total democracy". Everyday I see some rights of the ours taken away for some reason or other. We live in a country where we struggle for our basic necessities daily ,be it water ,electricity, fresh air ,good roads, clean environment ,everyday every Indian is struggling for it, and if that was not enough now the word 'BAN' has  made sure that many more rights be taken away from WE THE PEOPLE.. Ban of beef ,ban of meat , ban of this and ban of that. Honestly think about it we have no right to even decide what we can or cannot eat, we cannot even decide where we stay as in recent times the building  decide if a vegetarian or non vegetarian family can live in the building or not,flats are sold or given on lease on religion basis. Colleges and schools decide admissions on reservation basis, politicians decide what clothes are decent or indecent, moral police decide if we can fall in love or not. So honestly speaking how do we call ourselves a democratic country? When everything is decided by our leader who are  chosen by us the people. 
       When I voted I did not see if I am voting for a Hindu ,Muslim ,Christian ,Jain or any other religion,I did not vote on reservation basis. I voted for an Indian whom I thought would take good care of my country. I voted for someone who would help India become the best developed country. But what our leaders are busy doing is slowly and steadily taking our rights away, and we the people are forgetting our democratic rights and living our lives with a chalta hai attitude. What  type of country are we going to give our generation next ,a country where they won't be allowed live life the way they want, where they won't have the right to speak up ,coz the generation before them decided to let their democracy be taken away without any hesitation.  Gandhiji fought the British to give us freedom and democracy ,and today it is taken away from the people ,by their own people..and we silently are letting them do it..... seriously this can happen only in India .Mera Bharat Mahaan.

2 comments:

  1. Banning a food item is never a good idea on any grounds. But, should cow slaughter be promoted in India? I would rather not prefer that either. I am not attempting to attribute this to any form of cultural or religious norms in India. It is more concerned with natural resource and its conservation for the upcoming generation.
    Several state governments and local authorities ban the use of meat during some festivals or other holy occasions not to hurt the religious sentiments of devotees and vegetarians. What is now happening in Mumbai is not new or unprecedented.According to pro-ban people, without understanding the issue properly and not knowing the history of meat ban in India, some anti-BJP bashers are already attacking the BJP government in Maharashtra for this. In reality, several places Hindu and Jain holy places have banned sale of meat across India over the years..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly speaking a ban shd be of things that harm the environment or us , but banning a food only on religious basis is against our whole meaning of democracy. Either we say we are a fully democratic country or we don't believe in democracy at all. Middle path can be harmful .... And my argument is abt ban and taking rights away . Today it maybe food and clothes Tom it will be bigger things...

      Delete