Thursday, August 14, 2014

India is my country and I am proud to be an Indian a pledge I take and hope you too will.....

             Bharat humko jaan se pyaara hai sab se pyaara gulistan Hamara hai. Janma bhoomi hai Hamari shaan se kahage hum.....I am sure when we hear such songs immediately we become patriotic. We suddenly become proud Indians and say Bharat mata ke Jai.......'But 'there is always a but....are we really proud to be Indians really really proud ,and why does our patriotism show only on Independence Day or Republic day.
             Honestly by changing my display picture to a national flag or putting a flag in my car,show I am a true Indian .is that enough ???? This is something I always think when I see someone spit on the road or travel in expensive cars and throw garbage on the road. Do these people really love their country...I always remember taking a pledge all Indians are my brothers and  sisters and then I wonder how does a brother watch a sister being teased or raped or killed..I was told India is a free country...but honestly what are we free from..poverty, illiteracy ,inequality, corruption all these things makes me wonder are we really free? I was told Indians are proud of our history but what do we do with our historical monuments and our natural resources.. Historical monuments are becoming  a canvas for people to portray their artistic skills and our natural resources are so badly polluted. Indians are supposed to be united always , we got our freedom because we were all united but somehow I see this unity more during a disaster .... do we really have to wait for a disaster to show our unity. Everytime I read the newspaper and read about a child raped, molested ,killed or abused I wonder what is the future of my country when we cannot protect the future of our country. After every Independence Day and Republic day when I see our national flag thrown around my heart cries and I am sure many people also feel the same. So many things are there that makes me wonder are we Indians really proud to be an Indian ???
              This Independence Day lets do something different let us all really fall in love with our country not just for 1 day but for everyday till our last breath.Truely be proud to be an Indian by not letting anyone litter,not letting anyone abuse anybody ,let us all respect each other and respect each other's rights ,lets all stand with each other always and not wait for a disaster, be truely proud of our history and treat our natural resources with its due respect. Let's treat each human being equal . Let us all stand up against corruption. Let us not throw our national flag but keep it safely and use it again and again and again.....The day all we Indians do this that will be the day when truely we have the right to say 'India is my country and I am proud of my Janma bhoomi'.
             A Very Happy Independence Day to all the true Indians who will be the change makers for a better and prouder India....
        
 

No comments:

Post a Comment