Wednesday, August 6, 2014

My 1st trekking experience ...kalavanti pinnacle.

               Kalavanti pinnacle my 1st trekking trip . One more thing striked out of my bucket list , I am sure all of us have a bucket list ,things we want to do before we die . Trekking was something I always wanted to do but somehow never managed . Luckily in my running group we have a friend who is into trekking, Dr Hema ,and ,she was nice enough to organise a trek for all of us ,along with my best buddy dhiraj. Both of them planned the whole trek with precision. We all were soo excited about the whole event. Though many people dropped out and few joined in we managed to actually leave for the trek.
            We 23 people that's including few children met early in the morning and left all excited about our trek. On our way we had the most amazing vada pav ,poha and tea. We reached thakurwadi village and parked our cars there and started our trek . We started the climb with full enthusiasm . We had to climb for about 2 hrs to reach the village above and then from there others 2 hours to reach the kalavanti pinnacle. The road was tough with lots of obstacles, but the view was breathtaking it made us forget all the hardship we went through ,though the road was tough with lots of slippery stones and mucky track and narrow way we managed to reach the village ,the view was breathtaking something that I cannot describe or even the camera cannot capture the beauty of the place. The air was so fresh and pure the mountains were so welcoming ,though rough but still welcoming the greenery was soo amazing ,all the tiredness we felt when climbing was forgotten and we were all ready with new enthusasium to start our trek to kalavanti pinnacle.
         We passed some villages and then started our climb to the pinnacle. If we thought our climb to the village was difficult this climb was totally different level of difficulty we had take every step carefully ,there were place where we literally went on our fours to avoid from falling. We had to hold on to trees for support some shrubs had thorns which scratched us but we all walked up just enjoying the breath taking view. We reached the 3 highest point where few of our friends decided to stop and not go further ,the view there was magical . Few of us wanted to experience the pinnacle so we started the climb for the pinnacle it was the most difficult trek we had to literally walk on our sides sticking to the mountain ,lifting ourselves ,climbing the rocks and slowly steadily climbing each step with upmost care. We reached the 2 highest point . The view their was like a dream ,the mountains, the fog ,the greener was like nature at its best. Most of our friends decided to end trek there,but dhiraj wanted to go to the pinnacle so he climbed the final climb,to climb the pinnacle we had to use the rope looking at him climb kunal also decided to climb ,looking at him climb up ,usha and myself to got excited , usha climbed 1st ,seeing her climb I too got the confidence to do it. But when I was climbing suddenly a strong gust of wind came and I was all shaken ,my cap flew off my head and feel into the canopy down below ,I was very scared thinking wht if I also fall but with my friends encouragement I confidently went ahead with the climb and reached the highest peak of kalavanti pinnacle .Wow the feeling of reaching on the top was something out of this world. If down below we felt the view was like a dream the view here was like a dream come true. The feeling we all felt when reaching the top was actually like a dream come true. We took in the view of the nature around us to the fullest . We did not want to leave the place but we knew we had to descend  which was a really difficult task down. We managed to slowly and steadily get down ,we slipped many times but managed to reach the village .the villagers had cooked for us an amazing meal,we enjoyed the meal soo much.we played like kids in the waterfall for sometime ,clicked some group snaps and started our walk down to thakurwadi village . By then it had rained quite a lot ,so the track had become more slippery , and sadly my husband shoes broke and he had no option but to walk barefoot for the rest of the trek. He really had a tough time the pointed stones made the trek more difficult for him. Dhiraj and me kept our eyes on the track to make sure that he wouldn't step on some glass pieces which were there on the track. And me in the process slipped and was totally covered with mud but I just couldn't stop laughing coz I don't remember when was the last time when I was fully covered in mud. We laughed our way down to our car and that was the end of our wonderful trek.
    This trek made me closer to my friends ,the support we gave each other made the trek easy and fun. I learnt more about myself ,I was surprised with my own strength and determination. I am sure all of us who went on this trek were surprised with our strength and determination. This trek made us feel ,age doesn't matter any obstacles can be conquered if we have the will power and the support of our friends . Trekking is all about how well each one supports the other and how much determination you have. Here I should thank my friends for all the support ,our marathon coach suhas sir and Samson sir ,it's only because of their training we have managed to do the trek so easily, and be fit and fine the next day, Thank you hema and dhiraj for organising such a wonderful trek and making my first trek the most memorable one. I am looking forward for many more treks and memorable times ahead.




No comments:

Post a Comment