Friday, April 11, 2014

Down memory lane

After a tiring workout I was walking back home from my gym ,lost in my own thought as usual ,I see ahead of me this sweet girl dancing and walking with her mom..she sees a branch of a tree and jumps on it and starts swinging and kept giggling away somehow it bought a smile to my lips..and took me down memory lane..the time when I was a kid
        I remember how much fun those days were ,the laugh was truely the most beautiful laughter,the smile were real .we had so many things we did ,we did not have video games or computers nor all the gizmos what children have today. We never went for 100s of different classes ,we did not have classes for extra curricular activity,and we never knew what the word I am bored really meant.
      We climbed trees ,scraped our knees ,jumped walls ,went cycling all over the place played all kinds of games from lagore ,dabba ice spice ,catch catch,hide and seek football cricket oh god I can go on and on about the games we played.i remember how we would come running from school finish our homework run down to play with friends.whole evening would be all about running jumping and just having pure fun and yet reaching home on time,we did not have a mobile phone neither did we need 1 for we were totally aware of our deadline.sometimes I wonder how did our parents manage without a mobile phone,not that we were very obedient kids but somehow they always knew how to be in touch with us.Life was so different that time ,we hardly had any TV programme I remember how much we enjoyed watching chayageet ,chitrahaar,amchi matti amchi mansa and Sunday movie was like family time, mom would make lovely samosas for us to eat when we watched the movie.I still remember watching star strek,he man,we love Lucy,Charlie Chaplin now too when I watch these serials they bring a smile to my face.Cycling to skating to anything was taught by family member or friends.i remember my younger brother teaching me cycling how he held the bike when teaching me to cycle and how he left me so I could fall and he could have a nice laugh,but he made sure I did learn to ride the bicycle.we did soo many stupid things which till today when all us cousins meet and talk about and laugh our hearts out.soo many lovely memories of the days gone by.
          Not that today's children don't have fun but I feel or maybe all us feel we had the best childhood memories.. And honestly yes we all have our own childhood memories which will always stay with us which will come back to us every time we see some child doing the same silly things we did...
  It was wonderful walking the memory lane ...thank u little girl for bringing back those lovely memories to me..

No comments:

Post a Comment