Monday, April 14, 2014

The big fat Indian wedding dedicated to my crazy family love each one of them

It's wedding season again...and my nephew is getting married ,the most exciting time for all my family members.So much planning  has started for the special day suddenly everything ,every conversation is about akshay's wedding .
   First few months went in just deciding the venue ,how many people to invite whom not to invite, should we keep  the wedding a big affair or the reception a big affair.do we really need to invite this aunt ,I don't like that lady lets not invite her ,she / he was mean to me let's scrape him off the list are some of the conversation that could be heard always when we met..then comes the best part for all us ladies "what clothes to wear" " what jewellery to wear.""which beautician to book" It's the most exciting part of the whole function .oh how we drove my sister who picked sarees for us go mad ,soo many dos and don't we had,not that colour ,I want something different and unique..why her saree heavier than mine..oh my god soo expensive .poor sister of mine went crazy but in the end she managed to make us happy.oh then the worst part comes designing the blouse,we drove our designer mad or she drove us mad is something that I am still figuring out...but we actually passed that obstacle .oh how could I forget how we drove my niece crazy for the dresses for other functions for our daughters and us,poor shefali I am sure she is tearing her hair apart by now,but she did a wonderful job too.All of you must be wondering what about the grooms clothes ,we did give him little of our time for selecting his clothes and paraphanelias ..we are not so mean though that was the last thing on our list...
  Then comes the fun part the sangeet practise ,though we have adopted this function as it was traditionally not a part of our weddings. finding a choreographer was big decision we had to take ,and then the bigger decision was to zero in on the songs we wanted to perform,poor guy was soo patient with us .our practise sessions are something to really watch,I wonder is it really a practise session or just a party time for us ,my brother says this  is the time we just drink and eat he is sure none of our dances will be ready till the d day..but 1 thing for sure I am going to miss all this fun after it's over.suddenly we all waiting to meet our family members everyone are just laughing and behaving stupid but all this has bought us so close,me have made my choreographer change 4 songs by now every time I meet him I tell him song change ,hopefully  this week the song I chose should be it...poor Ali looks at me as if I have lost it,he wonders will I change the song till the final day,and to make matters worst my brothers and husband are wondering either the floor is crooked or they have 2 left feets.my son-in-law is wondering seriously does the choreographer really want him to do those steps while his wife is all ready to kill him every time he stamps her feet or hits her face..oh how can I forget our expert commentator who sit on the sofa and watch our steps and say how badly we dancing..each one of us are soo enjoying behaving stupid and childish,while the children are soo fed up of our childishness..irony of life kids behaving mature and elders behaving childish..but whatever it is we having a blast.oh how I am going to miss these days .
 Few more days left for the most awaited day..the day all the planning and practise will be put to action...the big fat Indian wedding...

No comments:

Post a Comment